Monday, December 13, 2010

Secret Garden vs. Mary Stayed Out All Night: What's your pick?



I am currently spending my Monday-Tuesday and Saturday-Sunday nights waiting for online streaming websites to air 2 Korean dramas that have caught my interest. They are Mary Stayed Out All Night (MSOAN) starring Moon Geun Young, Jang Geun Suk, Kim Jae Wook and Kim Hyo Jin while the other is Secret Garden starring Hyun Bin, Ha Ji Won, Yoon Sang Hyun and Kim Sa Rang.

They both have the same concept where the female lead is torn between 2 men but offers different plots and elements that makes it unique. I also like the combination of the male and female leads for both dramas especially Hyun Bin whose quirkiness has me laughing. I have never seen this side of him in his past dramas like My Name is Kim Sam Soon. I love how he shows off his sparkly hand-stitched Italian track suit to Ha Ji Won while she's in the elevator. His facial expression was hilarious that Ha Ji Won looked horrified and embarrassed (photos shown below).

The tag is hand-stitched in Italy!
Yeah Right!
Track suit #'s 1(Sparkly) and 2 (Leopard print)
Track suit #3: Lace
I was going through websites discussing everything about Secret Garden and saw this photo (shown below) of  Hyun Bin with his so called 70 facial expressions and couldn't pass up the opportunity to post it on my blog. I love his look on photos (columns 4 & 5 row 9) where Yoon Sang Hyun's character Oska was touching his body, SO GIRLISH!



On the other hand, Moon Geun Young known as Korea's Little Sister is really amazing. Her character as Wi Mae Ri is a far cry from her previous role in Cinderella's Sister whose dark and lonely. The scene where she and Jang Geun Suk's hands were handcuffed while he was auditioning and she was forced to dance on stage was hilarious (photos shown below) and click here for the video.


I envy her for snatching the lead role because she gets to kiss and be married to 2 hot guys, Jang Geun Suk and Kim Jae Wook (Coffee Prince). Her versatility as an actress was clearly shown in this drama and I hope that she continue to get good roles in the future. 

Oooohhh... You're the man Jang Geun Suk!
Wi Mae Ri, that's too much! OMO OMO!
As for the question: What's my pick? I chose to watch both dramas for their different plots, body swapping-married to 2 guys elements plus of course my favorite stars Hyun Bin and Moon Geun Young. They're definitely included in my Top 10 list of Best Dramas in 2010. What's yours?


(Photo and video credits: Dramabeans, Soompi, ockoala, dnfxmfko at YouTube and thedramascenes.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment