Monday, February 4, 2013

[Personal] BEWARE! WELCOME TO HAPPY'S WORLD! "COPYCAT" BLOG SITES


BEWARE! WELCOME TO HAPPY'S WORLD! "COPYCAT" BLOG SITES

Hello guys! First, I want to greet all of you a Happy New Year! Other people are saying that IMITATION is the highest form of FLATTERY and that you should be glad because someone else thinks you're doing something good. But for me, it depends on what the other people imitates and it's not good WHEN THEY STEAL WHAT IS TRULY YOURS!

I have been looking for KDrama video previews last night on the web and stumbled upon several blog sites copying and publishing my English translations of the text previews on their sites without my permission. What irked me the most is that some of them tried changing the wordings to conceal the truth that they just copied my work but their efforts are too obvious.

Although some of them mentioned my name as their source, but still they didn't ask for my permission. Here are the sites who have ceremoniously violated my Intellectual Property Rights:

1. WWW.KOREANDRAMA.COM

- This site has legitimate content except for some articles posted by one of their staff named VIA. I have been monitoring this site for several days now and have seen numerous of my translations that she copied, pasted and posted on their site without proper attribution and without my permission.

This person even had the gall to change some of the wordings by putting the name of the actors who played the character in the drama or changing the title of the post to make it look like he/she did it on his/her own but I assure you guys that he/she will never pass Copyscape if we run his/her article to check for PLAGIARISM.

I tried looking for ways to contact VIA, but there's no contact information from their site. So I left comments on some of the articles he/she plagiarized and is now awaiting for a reply. Here's one of the numerous screen shots of their page which I will be using as proof when I file a complaint to the company hosting their website.



GOTCHA!

2. WWW.KDRELEASE.HOL.ES


Their home page featuring my latest post about KDrama Queen of Ambition. Here's the link to my original post and compare: http://welcometohappysworld.blogspot.com/2013/02/kdrama-queen-of-ambition-episode-7-text.html

- I am not sure if this site was created to mimic mine since majority (I think everything in it) of the posts published in this site came from my site. Although the owner of this site didn't make any changes to the post (same post's style, should I be thankful?) but still, they didn't ask for my permission.

I also tried contacting the owner of the site but there's no available contact information posted anywhere in the site. I will again be leaving a message on the comment box to warn him/her of his/her mistakes. Here is another screen shot of the website:


 Looks like Eugene's new drama A Hundred Year's Inheritance is such a big hit that I consider articles about this drama one of the most plagiarized posts from my site. :(

3. WWW.KOREANDRAMAPLACE.PUSKU.COM



- I can't help but shake my head when I saw the mesage (photo above) posted from yet another site. This person who uses the Twitter handle @junghyebi even had the gall to ask the visitors of his/her site to ask permission from him/her if they want to copy his/her blog, when in fact this person didn't ask for MY PERMISSION when he/she posted my translation on his/her site.

This site is relatively new proven by the statistics posted on the site but it managed to copy, paste and post several of my translations from last week. Here's a screen shot of one of their posts which originally came from my site:


Now here's the link to my original post and compare it with those found in the other sites : http://welcometohappysworld.blogspot.com/2013/01/kdrama-hundred-years-inheritance_31.html

I am proud to say that in the more than 2 years since I started blogging, I have yet (?) to receive complaints about me plagiarizing someone else's work. Why? Because I have been very careful when it comes to posting articles on my site.

As you can see, I always give proper attribution to my sources. I indicate the person who posted and the site where he/she posted a certain photo, video or other materials. I even have a disclaimer posted under every article stating that unless specified, I do not own the photos or videos I use on the site.

Although it is easy for everyone to have their own blog site, but they should understand that blogging comes with a great responsibility. A blogger should have a sense of decency and knows how to respect fellow bloggers. I spend some of my precious time and even stay awake in the wee hours of the morning waiting for any text previews to translate so I can share it with my fellow KDrama fans.

These people should realize that they're making a big mistake, but sad to say they didn't and instead of doing it the hard way, they chose the shortcut and copied someone else's work. They're not only fooling their site's visitors but they are also fooling themselves.

PLAGIARISM is very rampant in the blogging industry but let me say this: I WILL BE VIGILANT! I WILL FIGHT FOR MY RIGHTS! I WILL NEVER STOP LOOKING FOR PEOPLE COPYING/STEALING MY POSTS!

I am sorry guys if I again posted a rant about this issue, but this is something very serious. I am also a Korean Drama fan and will always be 'til the day I die. I don't see any problem sharing my work to others for as long as I am given attribution where it is due and that they do it properly.

I would like to announce that the ONLY website authorized to post my translation outside my blog site is WWW.OHKPOP.COM. My Pham, the content manager for the other site asked permission for them to publish my post. I also agreed when they asked that we do a collaboration.

You can also post my translations in other sites like forums and threads by providing the link back to my website just like what the people at Soompi, Viki, etc. do whenever they share my translations to other fellow KDrama fans.

I would like to thank the loyal readers of my site, some whom have become friends of mine for your continued patronage. Your comments and messages pushes me to move on in times when I feel down or unwanted. Welcome To Happy's World! have been through so many changes and yet it's still here because of all of you.

Before I end this post, let me share to you a saying which I always believed in and apply to my daily life, the GOLDEN RULE: "Do not do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you."  HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE! - happy22qt c" )


[Photo source: www.anallegedauthor.blogspot.com]

PLEASE TAKE OUT THIS POST WITH FULL CREDITS. THANK YOU! :)
NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.
UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED, I DO NOT OWN THE PHOTOS/VIDEOS ON THIS SITE!

1 comments:

  1. is mykdramaworld.wordpress your blog as well?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment